The Stages of the contest:
- Enrolment: 1 to 4 December 2016
- Selection of Candidates: mid-December
- Selection of Nominees: end of December
- Selection of Finalists: beginning of January 2017
- Announcement of the Top Ten winners: mid-January 2017
- The FID Prize 2017 Digital Catalogue of the Top Ten: online at the end of January 2017
- Registration will open on Thursday 1 December 2016 at 09:00 UTC and will close on Sunday 4 December 2016 at 17:00 (5 p.m.) UTC at the address: http://FIDprize.org/apply. The number of applications will be limited.
- Registration fees of US$50.00 / €45.00 are payable upon registration and will only be reimbursed in case of cancellation of the event by the organisers.
- Vote 1, followed by online announcements of the results of the preliminary contest (Candidates and Nominees)
- Vote 2, followed by online announcements of the results of the final contest (Finalists and the Top Ten).
- In the first round of voting, applicants who receive at least one vote from a Member of the Jury will be recognised as Candidates. Those who receive 2 or more votes become Nominees and will be invited to submit a second folder, a complementary application folder (images of four more drawings and a letter of motivation). A second round of voting will select, on the basis of the complementary folder, the FID Prize Finalists and then the Top Ten winners.
- The results of each stage of the contest (Candidates, Nominees, Finalists and Top Ten winners) will be posted on thefid.org and Facebook.
FID advises artists to register their applications at the start of the contest and not to wait until the last day. Too large a number of simultaneous operations may saturate the website and thus disrupt the registration of applications.